There are many ways to support The HALO Trust's humanitarian work around the world and we highly value the relationships we build with our supporters. Whether you are an individual, corporate partner, governmental body or NGO, our approach to fundraising is to act fairly and transparently and in the best interests of the charity’s purposes.
We will always seek to follow best practice and comply with relevant laws and regulations, including guidance from the Charity Commission, Information Commissioner and the Fundraising Regulator. The Trustees seeks at all times to comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice.
This Fundraising Charter aims to inform you of the key principles that underpin our approach to fundraising.
RESPECTING YOU AND YOUR INFORMATION
• Ensure that the use of your personal data complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and is in line with our data protection policies.
• Comply with any duties of confidentiality in relation to you and your donation.
• Follow any reasonable instructions that we receive from you as to how to contact you.
• Not contact you if you have requested us not to. In addition, we will not contact you if your name is listed on the telephone preference service or any fundraising preference service established by the Fundraising Regulator, unless we have specific consent to do so.
• Never share or sell your name, address or other personal information to third parties for the purpose of marketing or fundraising unless we have express authority to do or are required by law to do so.
• Not place undue pressure on you to support us and if you would prefer not to make a donation we will respect your decision.
ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF FUNDS
• If deemed in the best interests of the charity, turn down a donation, for example because it would be unlawful to accept the donation or acceptance would be detrimental to the achievement of the Charity’s purposes and that detriment is likely to be greater than the benefit of accepting the donation.
• Use donated funds responsibly and to further our charitable objectives, in support of our mission to protect lives and restore livelihoods threatened by landmines and the debris of war.
• Respect your wishes as to the use of your donation and any requirements as to reporting to you on the use of the donation.
• Let you know how your funds have been spent on our website and in our publicly available annual accounts and trustees’ report.
WORKING WITH THIRD PARTIES TO RAISE FUNDS
• If we have a promotional agreements with a third party we will ensure that they make clear how much of the purchase price we receive and will require them to comply with regulations governing commercial participation.
• If we work with a professional fundraiser(s) we will require them to comply with current legislative or regulatory requirements and HALO’s own fundraising policies and standards and we will monitor closely their work.
• If you have any questions or concerns about donating to us or any aspect of our work please get in touch by contacting:
The Finance Director, The HALO Trust, Carronfoot, Thornhill, Dumfries, DG3 5BF
Tel. 01848 331100
• The Charity will respond to a complaint by a donor or prospective donor about any fundraising matter in line with its Complaints Policy.
Effective from: 19 December 2016